Junior Business Analyst
850 kph. That is the speed at which approximately 225 Boeing 737’s fly every day, to and from Schiphol. Right past your workplace, the Skyport office building!
At Skyport, you are right next to many of the hospitality concepts for which you will be the business conscience. HMSHost operates around 80 of these at Schiphol Airport and another +20 throughout the country.
In the Junior Business Analyst role, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the business. Through effective reporting and analysis you will enable informed and effective decision making within our two Dutch entities.
Ready for take-off?
The role at a glance:
• Prepare requested and unrequested information for management, such as analysis of passenger numbers, capture, average ticket and food cost.
• Execute analyses on trends, anomalies, opportunities and risks and formulate business recommendations.
• Provide financial analysis on new and existing outlets to improve profitability.
• Create and design dashboards for reporting to senior management on a timely basis.
• Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reports for relevant stakeholders.
• Monitor and advise on cost developments in the business.
• Support and coordinate the quarterly forecast planning and the annual budget for our Dutch entities.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
What do you need for this?
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or Economics.
• Experience in similar roles within international high complexity companies.
• 1-3 years’ experience within a multi-national company environment.
• Good computer skills including knowledge of financial tools such as Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in both Dutch and English.
• Strong attention to detail, quality, accuracy, and data integrity.
• Strong financial and analytical skills.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline oriented environment.
Why you should go for this role?
HMSHost is part of one of the biggest hospitality companies in the world, serving over 900 million people every year. HMSHost operates international brands such as Starbucks, LEON, Burger King, Wagamama and local/regional concepts in airports and travel venues around the globe. HMSHost has food & beverage outlets in airports across the Middle East, Asia, the Pacific, and Europe. But it doesn’t end there! We are also expanding to other high-traffic venues, such as train stations and shopping malls. Moreover, this is not only a role with impact, but also one in which you can distinguish and develop yourself. Not just strategically, because we invest fully in your personal growth. But the main reason is probably that you are just very welcome. Both at the office and in all the catering concepts that we put on the map worldwide.