HMSHost International is part of one of the biggest hospitality companies in the world, serving over 900 million people every year. HMSHost operates international brands such as Starbucks, LEON, Burger King and local/regional concepts in airports and travel venues around the globe. HMSHost International has food & beverage outlets in airports across the Middle East, Asia, the Pacific, and Europe. But it doesn’t end there! We are also expanding to other high-traffic venues, such as train stations and shopping malls.
Are you our new Financial, Strategy & Datamining Analyst?
Within the International Business Development team the primary objective of the Financial, Strategy & Datamining Analyst is to support the team providing them with analysis, market data and useful insights in order win and extend contracts, maximize the value of company assets and real estate and bring to conclusion successful projects. This position is based at Amsterdam Airpot Schiphol and you will be reporting to the Regional Managing Director Europe.
Provide support to the International Business Development team in:
• Review, interpret and perform market research analysis.
• Participate and support with preparing and reviewing zone analysis.
• Prepare, support and review business cases.
• Coordinate and keep control over approval process of business case.
• Utilize profitability analysis for preliminary business cases.
Support decision making process with:
• Post audit analysis of actual vs business case performance.
• Assist in management reporting/presentations for senior management.
• Maintain the development pipeline of projects and opportunities.
• Generate and keep track of development costs estimates (i.e., internal and external costs to pursue development opportunities).
• Measuring process results (time, cost and quality).
• Challenge the International Business Development team providing them with data that increase the awareness on the dynamics of the markets and performances of the operating locations.
• Maintain up-to-date analytical zone information in a shared database.
• Proactively promote the International Business Development process within the organization.
• Be the first point of contact for business development related questions and analysis.
• Maintain effective relationships internal (support functions, other entities) and external (clients/shareholders) to ensure project & team success.
Skills and knowledge to become successful in this role
• Bachelor degree in business administration or related field (i.e. Business Economics/Management Control/Financial Management) (Post Bachelor or Master’s Degree is a plus).
• Minimum 5 years working experience in similar field/role.
• Knowledge of financial tools (e.g., P&L, ROA, etc.) and concept profitability.
• Experience within the International F&B industry (incl. brands and franchise markets).
• Excellent skills in Microsoft office, ERP/BI tools.
• Project management and organizational skills.
• Functionality and flow through analytical skills.
• Excellent research skills.
• Highly commercial and demonstrated customer focus.
• Relationship management- and team membership skills.
• Strong personality, solution-orientated and creative.
• Proactive self-starter with high degree of self-directed behaviour.
• Strong organization skills and the ability to perform in a challenging, high-pressure environment.
• Support fact based decision making.
• Optimize a project’s value through analysing trade-offs between multiple options (analytical, problem solving skills).
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in English (Dutch and other language is a plus).
Are you a (junior) Financial Analyst, retail/hospitality/commercial oriëntated Business Analyst/Controller than this could be a fantastic opportunity to take on a new challenge and immerse yourself in an exciting role where your skills & experience are recognised. The salary range for this position is between € 3,500 - € 4,400 (fulltime per month) depending on the level of experience. Besides this we offer a pension plan, staff discounts across the group, dedicated training and development plans and many more benefits! If you are looking for a dynamic role within a worldwide organisation located at Amsterdam Airport Schiphol where we put people at the heart of what we do, then we look forward to hearing from you.